Keystream Healthcare requires a IT Support Technician to join an NHS Organisation in the East Midlands. The organisation is currently embarking on an exciting new workstream and they are looking for an IT Support Technician to meet the demands of the project.
As a member of the IT and Telecoms Team the post holder will have a focus on ensuring the delivery of high performing, reliable, responsive and resilient IT and Telephony services at all operational sites throughout the East Midlands.
The IT Support Technician role provides IT Service Operation and IT Service Improvement activities across all areas of the IT and Telecoms systems.
The role will be primarily focused on delivering 2nd line support and operational maintenance across all technologies employed by NHS Organisation working closely with 3rd party partners to resolve incidents and problems. Whilst also supporting the 1st line support duties will also be undertaken when there are no other IT staff available.
If you have the skills and characteristics detailed below please get in touch.
Key skills & Technologies
• Technical experience equivalent to MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) in desktop / server support with evidence of continued professional development
• Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an IT related subject or equivalent gained through specific relevant experience
• Extensive experience of PC hardware, operating systems and applications software including configuration, delivery and installation of PCs, monitors, terminals, printers and peripherals
• Significant experience of working in a user support environment
• Experience of server and storage technology.
• Experience of resolving end-user networking incidents
• Experience of telephony services.
• Experience of applying the principles of ITIL Incident Management, Problem Management and Change and Release Management
• Experience of working within an IT Service Desk environment providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support
• Significant PC and peripherals hardware knowledge
• Network Architecture and Protocols sufficient for incident resolution
• Significant server hardware and software knowledge
• Understanding of virtualisation technology and techniques
• Understanding of inter-relationships between aspects of IT and Telephony infrastructure and service support requirements
• Ability to work proactively under own initiative, take responsibility and demonstrate leadership
• Able to work effectively with a wide range of specialists, at all levels, across internal and external organisational barriers
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to work collaboratively with 3rd party partners
• Willing and able to pass knowledge on and mentor other team members.
• Able to travel between geographic sites in order to provide IT services, specifically ability to drive.
• A willingness to identify opportunities for service improvements and cost reductions
• ITILV2/V3 Foundation
• MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or equivalent
• Networking qualification such as CCNA or CCNP
• Mitel Certification or equivalent gained through specific relevant experience
• Experience of working within the Health and Social Care sector, ideally experience of the working within the NHS.
• Technical knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server, Firewalls, Internet/Intranet and end user networking
• Basic understanding of NHS IGSoC
If you are an experienced IT Support Technician and have the necessary skills, then please send your CV for immediate consideration. Please can you send your CV with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org - Keystream Healthcare Resources are acting as an employment agency and company.