We’re looking for someone with experience in managing staff as well as coming from a technical background – and a driver’s license and car is key due to some light travel required to a site in Cardiff and very occasionally into England.
Key skills and further detail are listed below, please feel free to apply and we can discuss the role further.
Key skills & Technologies:
*Experience with Managing staff (approx. 5 people)
*Servers and Networks
*Knowledge of GDPR
Summary of the Role
To manage local network, switches, servers, telecomms and communications.
Provide an IT helpdesk to circa 250 users based in Abergavenny, Cardiff and all field-based users, i.e. Collections Technicians, within agreed SLA.
To provide leadership and management of one Technical Administrator and locally based technical staff.
To manage the IT budget, both opex and capex.
To chair and manage the IT Change Board.
To act as the local data protection officer, under GDPR.
Specific Duties as below:
Provide a fully functional suite of applications including the Laboratory Information Management Systems, Customer Relationship Management, Warehouse systems, financial systems (Sage), Quality Management System (QPulse) and Office 365 suite of products.
The role will be based at Abergavenny or Cardiff but also require occasional travel to other sites around the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities
- IT Service Management
- Provide IT leadership with key operational and third party stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an IT roadmap to support the business in delivering market leading services
- Management services
- Handle all day-to-day support requests from the business relating to IT systems and infrastructure
- Develop support processes in order to improve them and increase efficiencies
- Conduct vendor / technology evaluation as appropriate
- Be aware of compliance requirements of UKAS and GDPR
- New customer onboarding
Infrastructure Change Management
- Maintain the Data Centre Infrastructure to deliver key IT Services to internal and external customers, co-ordinating input from data centre and other third party service providers
- Plan and manage changes to the IT infrastructure and applications and co-ordinate changes with 3rd party software and service vendors as required
- Significant involvement in project planning system changes, working closely with the operational teams to implement change and co-ordinate training activities
- Deliver day-to-day desktop support including back-office systems, operating systems, web browsers, Google Apps, AODocs, Microsoft Office, mobile devices, etc.
Business Application Support
- Provide 3rd level application support expertise after a period of familiarisation with the key business systems and underlying databases
- Continually seek ways to improve software operation and deliver innovation through the configuration of key business applications, specifically the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Work closely with the business to champion the concept of operational super users and ensure continuous IT systems knowledge transfer and end user empowerment
- Google Apps, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, VMWare, Oracle Database, Web Applications, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office 365, Remote Desktop Services, Cisco Networking and Firewalls
- To comply with the relevant area of the SLS Quality Manual
- To undertake any other reasonable duty, when requested to do so by an appropriate manager
- Provide expert knowledge and lead some training updates on key process and policy matters (e.g. Safeguard app, Breath UOM etc. Policy interpretation, Procedure flows for collections, client Registration process)
- Provide expert support when reviewing Client unusual requests and address these in system updates and training
Please send you applications to Mburns@key-stream.com