Keystream Healthcare have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced NHS Service Manager to work for an NHS organisation on a temporary basis initially for 3 months. This role is to start ASAP and is based in Central London. As the Service Manager you will support and deputise for the Business Manager and function as part of the Urology administrative team. You will provide leadership for the Urology inpatient and outpatient areas and manage the outpatient service ensuring patients are treated quickly and effectively in accordance to national access targets. The post holder will be expected to organise and prioritise own workload and to assist colleagues to ensure the continuity of service at all times.
The successful candidate should be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, effective at building working relations with their teams and able to work under pressure in a complex environment, delivering work with conflicting priorities.
- To communicate the clinic capacity chart on a regular basis to administrative and clinical staff, including clinic cancellations, which clinics are currently running and the number of patients booked in.
- To manage distressed, upset or angry patients on the telephone or face to face; to determine the complexity of a situation in order to resolve any problem, and if unable, to refer to the appropriate person
- To monitor compliance within the service with Trust-wide staff management policies and procedures
- To collate the presentation of information for statistical reports as and when required.
- Enhance existing good working relationships across the different outpatient departments and booking office by establishing communication structure.
If you have the skills for this role please forward your CV for an immediate interview.
- NHS experience is essential