This is an interesting role in a leading provider of pathology and diagnostic services in both the public and private sector. You’ll enjoy being near good transportation hubs and 8th floor views along with an impressive new office in Central London.
The Development Lead role is responsible for guidance, planning, scoping, and estimation for the development team as a whole. The Lead often also takes responsibility for implementing core appliction features and may make architectural and systems-level decisions in the absence of a dedicted architect. Other high-level responsibilities of this Lead role will include establishment of DevOps pipelines, performing code reviews, and encouraging professional growth amongst development staff.
Due to the critical level of responsibility and specialized skills involved, we are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 8-10 years’ software engineering experience on medium to large projects, including at least 2 years’ experience managing a mid-sized team. Because the Development Lead role is a technical management role, the cndidate should have solid communictions, planning, mentoring, and diplomacy skills to fulfill the social requirements of the role. In addition to soft skills, the candidate should be very familiar with agile methodologies, general software architecture, and test-driven development pratices, and should be willing to promote their use to the team at large.
Technology used in the project
● C# Web API using ASP.NET Core 2.
● Linux Docker containers
● Azure SQL database
● Continuous Integration pipeline using Visual Studio Team Services
Given the requirements of this project, you should ideally have a solid technical understanding of topics including:
● Microservice Architecture with Containerization
● SQL Server and Azure SQL
● Microsoft Azure environment, including API Gateway, Storage, and Messaging components
● Web Appliction Concepts, including Load Balancing and Cching API Authentiction and Authorization, including JWT Bearer Tokens and Client Certificte Authentiction
● Claims-Based Authorization
Please get in touch if this is of interest.