Keystream Healthcare have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Clinical Engineer to work for one of our major NHS clients on an interim basis for an initial 1 month contract with possibility of extension.
This role is to start ASAP and is based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Essential skills and experience required:
- BTEC/HNC/HND or degree qualification in technical discipline
- Undertaken technical training courses in generic medical equipment and experience of working with in the maintenance of medical equipment.
- Problem solving to a high level in relation to repairs on medical equipment
- Communicate and working with the multidisciplinary clinical and technical team
- General knowledge of electronic workshop practice and computer systems
- Advanced knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering
- Specialised knowledge of medical electronics, electro-mechanical systems, computing and medical device support
- Broad knowledge of medical device operation and management
- Experience in applying workshop technology to patient-critical equipment and techniques in healthcare
- Extensive practical experience in electro medical engineering workshop practices and techniques for at least 3 years post-IPEM Diploma or equivalent of independent practice including preventative maintenance, servicing, inspection, repair, calibration, quality control, safety, acceptance testing and procurement
- 2 year experience in people management in technical capacity
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, national standards, professional and other I Per-spec- May/2018 guidelines [e.g. ISO 9001 2000, BSI standards, RIDDOR, MDA/MHRA guidance, Health and Safety, COSHH]
- Able to use Excel, Word etc to set up documents and spreadsheets and extract information, use SEMS/HECS equipment management database
- NHS experience preferable
- Msc in Electronics/Medical Engineering or equivalent level of knowledge via formal training
- Certified technical courses in a range of medical devices. Contribution to formal/informal teaching. Maintaining medical equipment in critical care areas
- Registered as a clinical technologist with a professional body
If you have the skillset and experience for this role please forward your CV for an immediate interview to Seb Isherwood - firstname.lastname@example.org