Keystream Healthcare have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced NHS Head of Clinical Applications to work for an NHS organisation on a temporary basis initially the end of March. This role is to start ASAP and is based in Surrey. As the Head of Clinical Applications you will provide specialist system advice to the Division to ensure maximum benefit is derived from use of clinical applications. This will involved highly complex analysis (both business and technical), interpretation, design, testing and maintenance practices, as well as communication, education and change management. The postholder will engage with users throughout the Trust, understanding their needs and expectations and delivering suitable improvements to the clinical application.
This role is be responsible for monitoring and management of the technical relationship with the Software Vendor and 3rd party user support management. The Head of Community Clinical Applications will actively participate in IT project implementation and service transformation plans. There will be some out of hours working for management and delivery of system changes. The role is critical to the introduction and long term use of an Electronic Patient Record and supporting a transformation programme that will ultimately deliver significant improvements to patient safety, quality and experience.
The successful candidate should be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, effective at building working relations with their teams and able to work under pressure in a complex environment, delivering work with conflicting priorities.
- Provide overall management to the community clinical systems team
- NHS experience is essential
- Manage the technical relationship with software suppliers
- Be the senior point of escalation for system problems and liaise with software suppliers in their resolution
- Create and implement system upgrade implementation plans, liaising with all relevant stakeholders and manage implementation cycle ensuring minimum disruption to end-users and patients. This will often entail working out of hours.
- Design and manage the test and implementation cycle for all system and software changes
- Support and line manage the community clinical systems team
If you have the skills for this role please forward your CV for an immediate interview. Luke Chiddention <Lchiddention@key-stream.com>