This role is to start ASAP and is based in Central London. As the Acute Management Accountant you will be the financial lead for specific “out of sector” acute contracts. Responsibilities include interpretation of highly complex information to produce detailed reporting of financial performance, trend analysis, financial modelling and financial planning. Supporting the Senior Finance Management in the detailed reporting of acute sector finance performance against contracts, and detailed budget management of CCG acute budgets, including trend analysis and financial modelling. This will involve financial planning, monitoring, performance management of commissioning activities to achieve the CCGs financial and service priorities. Furthermore you will need to be highly proficient with Analysing and reviewing SLAM data.
The successful candidate should be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, effective at building working relations with their teams and able to work under pressure in a complex environment, delivering work with conflicting priorities.
- Acute NHS experience is essential
- SLAM data experience is essential
- PBR or NTPS is essential
- Detailed reporting of financial performance, trend analysis, financial modelling and financial planning.
- Advanced knowledge of financial and accounting procedures, financial and other aspects of legislation and NHS finance policies.
- Knowledge of and competence in the use of financial systems software including spreadsheet skills and the ability to develop spreadsheet models.
- Work autonomously guided by Financial Reporting Standards, Manual for Accounts and other policies with the ability to interpret them.
- Able to extract salient information from accounting systems and create advanced databases or spreadsheets, using complex formulae.
- Strong technical Information Technology and economics skills.
If you have the skills for this role please forward your CV for an immediate interview.